Sunday, September 28, 2008

"One Eternal Round"

Ok guys, you requested it, and here it is...Visit my blog to see how to create this effect yourself.



I know, I know. We see countless shots of the temple all over the place. I wanted to find one that was unique and creative. Hopefully this one is original enough to not fall into the stereoptypical "temple photos" category. Enjoy. And let me know what you think...



(PS- Believe it or not i took this shot with my point-and-shoot Canon Powershot SD750. That with a little photoshop trickery and ta-da. Turned out pretty cool i think.)

If you'd like to see more of my stuff visit my blog or my site.
-Preston


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just want to know how you did it, and what you did. Maybe you should volunteer to give a tutorial in class for it!!

Alison

Our Happy Family said...

That picture is really cool. You will have to teach everyone how to do it sometime.

Anonymous said...

Hmm...glad you tried to do something different with the shlew of temple photos out there...but a distorted temple? Doesn't seem quite right.

Caryn said...

Hey Preston, this is a great effect and you definitely found a way around the typical temple shot. Maybe you can come to a PS meeting sometime and teach this effect? If not, you can just write up a tutorial and Stacey or I can present it? Nice work

Sister Esplin

Anonymous said...

Hey. way cool shot. How did you do that?

Joshua said...

I am gunna be coming back to BYUI soon and will join the group. Cant wait.
I dont want to seal his thunder and hopefully he has put up a tutorial already or taught it. But this is how you do it in photoshop. First you have to crop the (or start with a)image to a perfect square. Then run the "Polar Coordinates Filter" its under Filter Menu> Distort> Polar Coordinates ... It will bring up the dialog box and make sure that the "rectangular to polar" is checked click ok and then watch the magic. Also i believe that it will fill out the canvas with the foreground color. not sure about that part but ya! Oh and this is where i learned about this filter

http://www.planetphotoshop.com/logo-design.html

and you all might like to check out all the other toturals they have.

http://www.planetphotoshop.com/category/tutorials

Happy photoshoping!