Friday, September 26, 2008

I took these pictures for a graphic design assignment on the elements of design but ended up with a few shots that I liked. all were taken with our canon rebel xti with a 50mm lens. This shot is of the side of 30 college ave, where Nic and I lived when we first got married so maybe i just like it for sentimental reasons. it is such a trashy place, it holds a place in my heart.
1.8 f/stop
125 iso
shutter: 1/500 sec

30 college ave again, in all its glory. i edited this one a bit- curves/burning.
4.0 f/stop
400 iso

1/60 sec shutter

last winter i worked at the cocoa bean baking cupcakes at dawn. one night i had to close and when i took out the trash, i discovered the beauty of their back ally. the light always seems to be good- even at like 10 pm.
9 f/stop
iso 200
1/500 sec shutter
in idaho falls near the falls themselves. i again adjusted the curves and burned a bit as well.
4.5 f/stop
iso 400
1/250 sec shutter

{Kirsten e Bingham}

4 comments:

Evapaul Photography said...

awesome pictures!
i like the depth of field in the bottom two.
my favorite is the building with the powerlines the editing is awesome.

Anonymous said...

Loving the lighting! I like how different all the photos are, but at the same time how they have a style to them. Way to use a photographic eye when taking them, and great composition! What exactly is the picture of in the alley?

Alison

Maddy Lucas said...

This reminds me of when I went with seth to do this assignment for his color and design class! It was really fun. I think you came up with some nice images, good use of depth of field and color. The first one i like the most. I love that kind of composition, that just shows shapes. cool.

Our Happy Family said...

Your have a very creative eye. Your photos are awesome! I especially like the shots of college ave.