Friday, October 17, 2008

first snow





So I combined the two bottom pictures to make the black and white shot, and the one under it. If you look at the faces in the bottom two pictures, you will notice that in one shot the child's eyes are closing, while her mother looks great, and in the other they are switched. The mom is blinking and her daughter is looking. I cropped the daughter out of one picture and overlaid her on the other. I used a mask to doctor the seams. I liked the picture because it represented, for me, the strong love and devotion that should continue between a husband and wife after they have children. While that bond takes a lot of hard work to maintain, it is a foundation for happy families.

Camera: Nikon D70
Lens: 50mm 1.8
Aperture set to 2.8
Shutter Speed: I can't remember
ISO:200

5 comments:

Corey said...

love the black and white!

Whitney & Charlie said...

Looks great, I tried to find the seam but you covered it awesome! Love the angle too

Anonymous said...

It looks awsome, but I'd fix the little girl's right sleeve (her right) in the picture. You can see that the bottom corner of it is duplicated and floating off to the side a bit. A quick clone stamping should do the trick...

Megan Marie said...

hey, i totally missed that! thanks!

Anonymous said...

This is really cool! At first I thought they were 4 separate photos. LOL. Anyway, you've got talent. I don't know much about how to use photoshop yet. However, I may get to learn how to do cool stuff on a Mac cuz my husband wants to get one.